Saturday, April 13, 2013

Re-finished Shabby Chic Dresser





I found this old dresser at Habitat for Humanity and right away had big plans for it :) I love the "shabby chic" look, and after re-finishing my turquoise door a couple weeks ago, I thought it might actually not be too hard to try and pull off a bigger piece of furniture. I love older pieces of furniture because they are real, sturdy wood. Unlike so much of the stuff for sale today, which is all that fake wood. With this dresser, all I did was sand it, put two layers of off white matte paint, one layer of the crackle gloss and one more of the regular matte paint. It took a while to paint only because of all the curves, but generally speaking it was a pretty easy, and fun project. I wanted to add the rose stencils to give it a more sweet and victorian look. In all, I'm super excited about my second big furniture project and I can't wait to see what I find next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment